1) Hello! Tell us about you! Who are you? where you from? and what you do in life.
Hi, I’m Federica, born in Milan and now I live in the quiet streets of Lecce. Study here at the University of Salento “Communication Sciences”; I have come up to photography and video art in recent years, it is a continually evolving path, has no beginning or a definite end, is a constant search for beauty in things.
2) How did you understand what your artistic expression was?
So it was all a matter of events, I like almost the idea of remembering the details and stop it and so shot. Only the details of something or someone not to get too far into the intimacy of the other.
3) What is the end of your job? What do you want to tell?
So i would like to tell you through the wonder of things and to excite those who look at my work. Tell me and tell you.
4) Is your home country a source of inspiration for your works and your artistic vision?
Especially relevant to me inspiration is a continuous search. I try to have a wider vision of the place I live, though sometimes complex. What links my artistic vision to this place is the proximity to the sea. My work as the continual flow of the sea.
5) What artists do you refer to or feel close to your art?
Luigi Ghirri, Bill Viola and especially relevant french cinema at the end of the 1950s.
6) What do you think about the artistic landscape of your hometown? Is it a space to being valued for young artists like you?
So maybe i would like more attention to art and young artists, authenticity. Art in all its facets.
7) Suggest three ideas to launch the culture of emerging artists for South Italy.
Exhibition organization – Investing in cultural events – Space for the ideas of young artists
8)In recent years we are witnessing a migration of interesting personalities from Apulia to lands with more promises of future career. So do you think a change of course of this movement is possible?
I’m currently here and on the other hand I like to think about building projects out. I do not think about a change of course but can feel at home and express their art everywhere, whether in Puglia or not. It would take more culture for culture.
9) What are your future plans? And your projects?
I like to think at the moment, I do not know what I will do exactly tomorrow or in a few years. The only thought is to continue my art, so simply.
10) Do you see any artistic work in Puglia in your future?
I hope for myself, as with other young artists, to find their place in the world. Cultivate your art and improve in your own city, then escape and perhaps for some, come back.
To contact Federica: